Brexit and Democracy: Reclaiming full and equal suffrage from the political cartel is now on Smashwords. A detailed survey of Brexit and the historical, philosophical and political issues surrounding it, this is your unmissable Brexit companion!
- Why did it take the Scottish National Party to start an "avalanche of philosophy" in Britain that finally saw the long-promised EU membership referendum materialise?
- What was the 2012 incident that enabled UKIP to put a crack in the political cartel?
- Why was nothing done when Otto Kirchheimer started noticing cartelisation in European political parties in the mid-1950s?
- Did the Marshall Plan unwittingly lay the groundwork for the eventual formation of the European Union?
- What is the relationship between the German and Italian unification processes and the EU?
- Did nation states start to evolve from the 1648 Peace of Westphalia, or from the 1555 Peace of Augsberg?